There are two sorts of airline tickets – the older style with coupons now referred to as a paper ticket, and the now more common electronic ticket usually referred to as an E-ticket.
Regardless of the type, all tickets contain details of the following information.
- Passenger’s name.
- Issuing airline.
- A ticket number, including the airline’s 2 digit code at the start of the number.
- The cities the ticket is valid for travel between.
- Baggage allowance. (Not always visible on a printout but recorded electronically for the airline)
- Restrictions on changes and refunds. (Not always shown in detail, but referred to).
- Dates that the ticket is valid for.
We have real time inventory from over 260 airlines across Globe and to provide best connection lower fares and right itinerary.
Terms and Conditions (Traveler)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We recommend you check-in AT LEAST 2 Hours prior to departure for domestic sectors and AT LEAST 3 Hours prior to departure for international sectors.
- Please complete the check-in including bag drop formalities 75min (international sector) / 45min (domestic sector) prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in your booking being cancelled and the fares and surcharges retained. Report early for hassle free check-in. Boarding gates close 25 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure for domestic sectors and 45 minutes prior to the scheduled time for international sectors. Please report at your departure gate at the indicated boarding time. Any passenger failing to report in time, may be refused boarding privileges.
- For all international flights, we accept USD/GBP/EUR or the currency of destination (except INR) for on-board purchases. INR up to denomination 500 is accepted on Kathmandu flights. This is as per Indian regulations.
- One Hand baggage weighing not more that 7kgs (including the Laptop), with an additional restriction on maximum dimension – length 55cm + width 35cm + height 25cm respectively is allowed. In the event where a hand bag is over-sized or over-weight, IndiGo may require transfer of Hand Baggage to the Baggage compartment of the aircraft prior to take-off, at applicable excess baggage rates.
- Free Checked In Baggage Allowance for all pieces combined is 15Kg ( Domestic ) / 20 Kg (International). Free checked in baggage allowance for travel to and from Dubai and Muscat is up to 30kgs per adult and child. This allowance does not apply to Infants.
- For Infants valid birth certificate is required.
DANGEROUS GOODS & RESTRICTED ARTICLES
- These objects can be extremely dangerous on the aircraft. If you have any dangerous goods or restricted articles. Please declare them. Carrying these objects may be on offence and may result in prosecution.
- Important Notice for passengers
- Only travel with baggage that belongs to you.
- Do not accept baggage from other people. Pack your own bags.
- Do not leave your bags unattended.
- In case you have hand baggage only (as per the stipulated norms.). You can proceed to security counter with your Boarding Pass (No need to get it stamped at the IndiGo check-in counters). Please ensure that you report at least 45 minutes before departure at the check-in counter. Also note boarding gates close 25 minutes before flight departure.
- In case you have checked-in baggage, you can go to baggage drop counter in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kochi, Ahmedabad and pune. In other cities, you will have to go to the regular queue to deposit your baggage.